Monday 28 July 2008

Improve my weakness: Phrasal verb






Fill in the gaps with the correct form of the phrasal verbs below:


Dave's a funny chap! He never wants to go out in the evenings, but when he does, he never wants to go home again!


Last Thursday was a typical example. I phoned him and asked if he wanted to go out to our local pub for a quick drink. At first, he said that he didn't want to - he would rather--stay in --- and watch the telly. But after about 10 minutes, I managed to persuade him to come to the pub.


Well, we had a nice evening, and the 'quick drink' turned into a longer drink; the more Dave and I drank, the more we wanted to drink. The pub closed at 11 o'clock, so we had to drink up then, but Dave wanted to ---stay out----- and persuaded me that we should go to the nightclub in town to continue our 'conversation'. There weren't many people in the nightclub, but that didn't stop us from having a good time! I finally ---got back-- home at 5 o'clock in the morning, feeling very happy, tired, and drunk.


The way my head felt on Friday morning (or, to be more accurate, Friday afternoon!), I had to agree with our friends who say that Dave and I are a bad influence on each other!


go out / stay out / stay in / drink up / get back


My score is only 2/5. So sad, so i think i will do more exercise on it.

1 comment:

Sheraz said...

Good work Le, keep it up I really liked these excercises.
Sheraz :)