Tuesday 29 July 2008

phrasal verb exercise

phrasal verb with up

  1. Jane and I want to give up smoking.
  2. Could you wake me up at 6 o'clock?
  3. We must hurry up or we will miss the bus.
  4. Can you pick me up at the station?
  5. In many countries, the pupils have to stand up when the teacher enters the class-room.
  6. I usually have to get up at half past six.
  7. I must tidy up my room today.
phrasal verb review

find out

discover

They found out new machine to launch in the market prior to their competitors.

get on with

connect on the phone

Could you get on with Mr John?

hold on

wait

Hold on, i will call him back immediately.

get away

escape

He have just got away from the police in several second.

take after

inherit characteristic,


to be similar to an older member of your family in appearance or character

He takes after his father's appearance.

cut down

reduce

The interest rate has been cutting down for 3 times this year.

look after

care for

He looks after her as his brother although he is not hers in law.

come up with

think of a solution

We are coming up with the problem which has made our profit loss recently.

add up

make sense

to have a particular result or effect

Their proposals do not add up to any real help for the poor.

put through

connect on the phone

Could you put me through to secretary of Mr.A?

look for

search

I am looking for a new job connected to my subject.

get over

recover from

Do you get over the shock of that accident?

turn up

arrive

I want to turn up Switzerland before it integrates the EU this year.

put off

postpone

The meeting is put off due to the absence of head manager.

No comments: