Monday 28 July 2008

Improve my weakness: Verb Pattern




I surprise how correct i did on this exercise:25/25. I think it is because of a very low level of exercise. So i try it on higher level:


Yes, i am right. My score is 4/6 now. Here are 2 my wrong sentences:


1 I don't mind making as long as the roads aren't too busy.
2 My parents always made me drive my bed in the morning.


--> The answer is:

1. driving

2. make




Here is my wrong answer: i chose A, but the right answer is C: happened. I still don't know why.
5.
She ____________ to see him in the car park.
A
remembered
B
could succeed
C
happened
D
doesn't forget




8.
The girl ____________ to do it.
A
can't help
B
stopped
C
doesn't feel like
D
saw him

I chose D, but the answer is C. So my score is 6/8



12. I want (learn) (fly) an airplane.

--> to learn flying, but the right answer is to learn to fly

So my score is 19/20



This is very dificult level. My score is 16/19. Here are my mistake:
1) Sorry, I forgot (buy) some milk. --> buying ---> to buy
5) Would you mind (I / close) the window? --> i close--> me closing
7) This soup doesn’t taste right yet. - Try (put) in a bit more salt. --> to put--> putting

The right answer is in bold.

No comments: