Sunday 7 September 2008

Common Internal Spelling Changes


<http://www.flo-joe.co.uk/cae/students/strategy/wform/cross.htm>

Puzzle Title

Clues Across
1.
The doctor has ..... me to adopt a healthier diet. (ADVICE) ADVICED

3.
She ..... showed her baby son off to her friends. (PRIDE) PROUDLY

4.
She needs a ..... period of recovery after the operation. (LONG) LENGTHY

5.
Make sure you have a lot of speaking ..... before the exam. (PRACTISE) PRACTICE

6.
At this end of the pool the water is about 2 metres in ..... . (DEEP) DEPTH

7.
I do fifty ..... of the pool every morning. (WIDE) WIDTHS

8.
I'm not going up there. I'm scared of ..... . (HIGH) HEIGHTH


Clues Down
2.
The foundations of the building need ..... . (STRONG) STRENGTHENING

Another difficult exercise is made. I have only one right word. :-(

No comments: