Sunday 7 September 2008

model verb exercise


<http://www.englishpage.com/modals/interactivemodal7.htm>
My score is 75 %, My these sentenses are wrong. Wrong ansers are bold, and right answers are red

5. The package [should have been delivered / should be delivering / should be delivered ]tomorrow afternoon. It was sent by express mail this morning.

7. You can't mean that! You [must joke / have got to be joking / have to have joked].

8. If Debbie hasn't come home yet, she [must still wait / must still be waiting / must still have waited] for us in the coffee shop.

12. If I had gone with my friends to Jamaica, I [could have taken / might be taken / ought to be taking] scuba diving lessons.

13. Margaret agreed to meet us at the entrance to the theater. She [ought to be waiting / ought to wait / ought to have waited] for us when we get there.

Here are my right sentences:

1. I'm not really sure where Beverly is. She might be sitting in the living room, or perhaps she's in the backyard.
2. Doug must have returned the video we rented on his way to work. It was on the table, but now it's gone.
3. You ought to check the air pressure in your tires. You don't want to get a flat tire on your trip.
4. The computer isn't working. It must have been damaged during production.
6. You have to book the tickets for the play in advance - they sell out quickly.
9. Mike decided not to join us for lunch. He had to stay at work to finish the marketing report.
10. If I had gone with my friends to Jamaica, I would be lying on a white sand beach right now.
11. If I had gone with my friends to Jamaica, I would not have had to come to work this week.
14. It might have been Sam who called and didn't leave a message on the answering machine. He said he wanted to get together with us this weekend.
15. The machine can be turned on by flipping this switch.
16. She might have been crying. That could have been why her eyes were so red and swollen.
17. If she was crying, she must have been very upset.
18. That painting might not have been painted by Picasso. It could be a forgery.
19. Your diving equipment must be cleaned regularly if you want to keep it in good condition.
20. If I hadn't taken a taxi, I might have been waiting for you at the train station for hours.

No comments: