Tuesday 5 August 2008

prefix exercise



http://www.lapasserelle.com/lm/pagespeciales/prefixes.suffixes/eng.prfx.lit.mean1.html

I found something connected to prefix. It is formed from a simple words but have a different meanings. I did it by hint on website and now, i am doing it again to warm up my mind because i can't use hint again when i copy it in my blog.

  1. On the _water__ = afloat

  2. By _cause_ of = because

  3. In the __rear___ of = behind

  4. In lower __place___ = below

  5. By the __side___ of = beside

  6. To __make___ able = enable

  7. To make __large___ = enlarge

  8. To make __live___ = enliven

  9. To make ___rich___ = enrich

  10. To make ___beautiful___ = embellish

  11. To make __bold___ = embolden

  12. To __put___ power to = empower

  13. To __close__ in = enclose

  14. To ___put__ into danger = endanger

  15. To put on a __list___ = enlist



After i did twice, my score now is 12/15

No comments: