Tuesday 5 August 2008

Relative clause: Which or what?



http://wwwedu.ge.ch/cptic/prospective/projets/anglais/exercises/relpron2.htm

1. She didn't know who had paid her, was extremely bizarre! (who)
2. Someone who had been to Red Square before told us the way to the main gate.
3. What I ought to do is find out whose handbag this is.
4. Peter, whose motorbike had broken down, met a man who managed to fix it.
5. The drawer in which he found the gun was the same one I had searched. (who)
6. Those who arrive late in class must stay afterwards to do the work they have missed. (what)
7. The dog which I bought was the same one which you saw the day you arrived.
8. That is the boy whose mother knows the man who repaired our heating system.
9. He is the one who asked me I gave the money to. (what)
10. The snow, had been falling all day, was what gave us trouble. (what)

My score just 73%. Those wrong answers left as you can see. Then i check and correct it.
1 which
5 which
6 which
9 which
10 was

After correcting it, i found that i couldn't know the difference between which and what. Any different?

No comments: